
Deary me, what a ruddy palaver. I mean, I don't want to get me pantaloons in a rather unfortunate tangle, but crikey-o-riley, this things deader than the decomposing remains of a still-born albino dodo. So far, King Of Destitution has got one follower - one! Philistines! But not to worry, I'll keep plodding on, Rome wasn't built in three weeks you know....actually, you probably don't - Philistines! (It's okay, I can say what I want - nobody reads it)
Right, so what's happened since the last blog? Not a lot. I didn't win a short story competition, and the entry that did was shit. I can categorically state right now that my story was loads better, and funnier. The judges obviously only wanted to read dreary mainstream shite, opposed to my pant-pissing extravaganza of abject morality and mind-bending hilarity. I'll try something a bit more serious next time - that'll shit 'em up. However, the results of the COOLDOG Poetry Competition have yet to be announced, so I shall keep you posted.
In other news, I've just contributed a column to the forthcoming Issue 9 of Lights Go Out fanzine. Mr. T kindly let's me write what the fuck I like in his fabulous fanzine, and we share a birthday, so up yours (not sure who that was aimed at, but us independent writer types stick together). If you haven't had the pleasure of reading LGO yet, make it your top priority: fuck that liver transplant, bollocks to your wedding, order a copy today...RIGHT NOW!! Here's the link...
Lights Go Out
That'll do I guess. Coming up in next weeks issue: The King of Destitution Manifesto.
"Just because your better than me.
doesn't mean I'm lazy.
Just because I dress like this,
doesn't mean I'm a communist." 'To Have and Have Not' by Billy Bragg
Peace, love, and popadoms
Glenn
No comments:
Post a Comment